Chris Barber is the first official supporter of the British Blues Museum. This is particularly fitting, as Chris was the first significant figure to bring American Blues artists to the UK who inspired British Blues musicians. Over a distinguished career of considerable length, Chris has performed and recorded with numerous Blues musicians from the UK and around the world.
Alongside Chris Barber as headline supporters of the British Blues Exhibition are:
- Connie Lush, highly respected British Blues vocalist;
- Huey Morgan, Blues-loving and UK-based American musician and BBC Radio DJ;
- John Mayall, himself one of the most legendary of British Blues artists, famous in his own right and for the legends in his bands, including Mick Taylor, Peter Green and Eric Clapton;
- Mud Morganfield, songwriter, bandleader, and eldest son of Muddy Waters. Like his father, a frequent visitor to the UK;
- Pete Brown, poet, musician, songwriter and producer, and songwriter with Cream.