These are new audio interviews recorded for or obtained by the British Blues Exhibition. Apologies for some broken links while we move them to new sources:
11. Blues on the Farm 2016 interviews (Soundcloud) – including fm1fm DJ’s Hazel Butterfield and Brian Royer, Red Butler‘s Alex Butler, music writer Jamie Hailstone, and Dave from the New Day Festival talking about the 2016 debut of the festival, plus a hint of music from New Zealand’s Brilleaux.
10. Chris Barber, Jazz bandleader and key figure in the history of the Blues, on 19th April 2016 at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley, London. Interview here (Mixcloud). Chris kindly donated the trombone played in this interview to the British Blues Exhibition.
9. Brody Swain of BBC Radio Coventry and Warwickshire, interviewed New Jersey’s Billy Walton Band on 26th January 2016. The interview was before the band appeared at The Arches Venue in Coventry, supported by Coventry band, Wilde. Interview here (Soundcloud).
8. Bernie Marsden, guitarist with Whitesnake and UFO, and very much a Blues influenced player, interviewed by DJ Alan Hare of Hospital Radio Medway at the Ramblin’ Man Fair, who is himself interviewed after Bernie, here (Soundcloud).
4. American Mud Morganfield, eldest son of Muddy Waters and exhibition supporter, 29th April 2015, in his hotel room the morning after an appearance at The Jazz Café in London. Interview here (Mixcloud).
3. Ali MacKenzie and Derek Griffiths, Birdwood (The Birds, The Artwoods), at their gig at The Crawdaddy, Richmond, 2015. Interview due to be re-published.
2. Nigel, organiser of the Broadstairs Blues Bash, with Miles from the band Kelly’s Heroes, and Russ from the Will Johns Band on the mid-festival Saturday, 21st February 2015. Intro music is by Dave Ferra, played live at The Intolerant Wife. Interview due to be re-published.