Recently, the British Blues Exhibition announced its first competition. If you Wish For What You Want and enter, you might just win 52 (fifty-two) CD’s, one to listen to every week of the year.
The competition closing date is midnight on the 5th of December 2015, so the lucky winner could enjoy a particularly good Christmas and a musical New Year. Most of the CD’s are, of course, Blues, but not all…. The winning entry to the competition will be drawn by award-winning British harmonica player, Paul Lamb, of Paul Lamb and the Kingsnakes.
To enter the competition, title an email “BritBluesComp”. One entry per person is allowed; entrants who enter more than once will be disqualified.
The competition question and three options to choose as your answer are below. Please write your choice, A, B, or C in the body of your email. Correct answers will be in the final draw. The winner will be contacted by email and should provide their postal address within 14 days of the notification email being sent or there will be a re-draw to find a new winner. Please send entries to email@example.com.
Who was the lead singer of British Blues act The Animals, who will be appearing at the Lead Belly Fest at the Royal Albert Hall on 15th June?
A. Paul Jones
B. Eric Clapton
C. Eric Burdon
The CD’s selected as prizes (with 40 to follow) are:
12. Vargas Blues Band (Spain), From The Dark. Highly accomplished Blues Rock from the Iberian peninsula;
11. – Debbie Bond and the Trudats, US, That Thing Called Love. Properly tuneful and melodic Blues from Alabama
10. – Matt O’Ree (US), Live In Denver, CO. A hard hitting guitarist with a new album coming with quite a stunning array of guests;
9. – Blacktop Deluxe (UK), Turn Up, Be Nice, Play Hard. Guitarist Keith Howe was just getting into fine form with Blue on Black when they disbanded, here he has gone one better;
8. – Marcus Malone (UK), Let The Sunshine In (UK). One of Britain’s finest guitar slingers, thoughin fact Marcus hails originally from Detroit, USA;
7. – The Mighty Bosscats (UK), Boiling Pot. A strong mix of British songs, at times with similarities to Dire Straits;
6. – The Sharpees (UK), Mississippi Thrill, feat. Roger Cotton (Peter Green’s Splinter Group), Brian Willoughby (The Strawbs) and Richard Hayes (Bad Influence). Real Rockin’ Rhythms and a British Blues sound (akin to Dr Feelgood);
5. – The City Boys Allstars (US), Blinded By The Night, feat Tom ‘Bones’ Malone and ‘Blue’ Lou Marini of The Blues Brothers Band. Blues, Rock, Soul and more played by a big band of some of the best musicians on the New York scene;
4. – Andy Twyman (UK), Blues You Haven’t Heard Before. Superb one-man Blues Boogie from a young master of the craft;
3. – The Axis of Awesome (Australia) – an inspired comedy Rock act who tour the UK at intervals – signed copy of Cry YOURSELF a RIVER; 33 million viewers have seen their ace Four Chord Song on You Tube;
2. – The Enzymes and the Active Ingredients (US), feat. Murphy Dunne from the Blues Brothers Band. Seriously eclectic Rock ‘n’ Roll;
1. – The Billy Walton Band (US), signed copy of Wish For What You Want, out on Vizztone Records on 27th January, the new album by a fabulous New Jersey band touring the UK in April and June 2015. Feat. Southside Johnny, Tony Braunagel (Back Street Crawler, Eric Burdon, Robert Cray Band), and Mike Finnigan (Bonnie Raitt, Phantom Blues Band).