The British Blues Exhibition is announcing its first competition. If you Wish For What You Want and enter, you might just win this…. Details of the prize and how to enter will be made public in due course, but the main prize will be for 52 (fifty-two) CD’s, one to listen to every week of the year, with the competition closing date not long before Christmas 2015, so the lucky winner can enjoy a particularly good Christmas and a musical New Year. Most of the CD’s are, of course, Blues, but not all…. The winning entry to the competition will be drawn by award-winning British harmonica player, Paul Lamb, of Paul Lamb and the Kingsnakes.
The first CD’s selected to be won are:
1. – The Sharpees (UK), Mississippi Thrill, feat. Roger Cotton (Peter Green’s Splinter Group), Brian Willoughby (The Strawbs) and Richard Hayes (Bad Influence). Real Rockin’ Rhythms and a British Blues sound (akin to Dr Feelgood);
2. – The City Boys Allstars (US), Blinded By The Night, feat Tom ‘Bones’ Malone and ‘Blue’ Lou Marini of The Blues Brothers Band. Blues, Rock, Soul and more played by a big band of some of the best musicians on the New York scene;
3. – Andy Twyman (UK), Blues You Haven’t Heard Before. Superb one-man Blues Boogie from a young master of the craft;
4. – The Axis of Awesome (Australia) – an inspired comedy Rock act who tour the UK at intervals – signed copy of Cry YOURSELF a RIVER; 33 million viewers have seen their ace Four Chord Song on You Tube;
5. – The Enzymes and the Active Ingredients (US), feat. Murphy Dunne from the Blues Brothers Band. Seriously eclectic Rock ‘n’ Roll;
6. – The Billy Walton Band (US), signed copy of Wish For What You Want, out on Vizztone Records on 27th January, the new album by a fabulous New Jersey band touring the UK in April and June 2015. Feat. Southside Johnny, Tony Braunagel (Back Street Crawler, Eric Burdon, Robert Cray Band), and Mike Finnigan (Bonnie Raitt, Phantom Blues Band);
The other 46 CD’s will be announced in due course. Watch this space.